Monday, October 29, 2012

NaNoWriMo On the Road!


November is the month for NaNoWriMo--that's the "write a novel in a month challenge" for those not familiar with the program. I successfully wrote a novel (or a series of novelettes) a few years back in my first NaNoWriMo, and I'm hoping that I'll be able to at least start and finish a proposed novella I've had in mind for a few weeks now this coming November. 

(You may have heard of my first NaNoWriMo success--Brandi Whyne and Her Incredibly Erotic Adventures. I wrote the first five chapters in one month. It was fun "channeling" Brandi!)

 

The added challenge to my "novel challenge" is that we'll be on the road for the next few months quite a bit

Yet I still think it's a doable feat. Why? Well, for one thing I won't be able to access the Internet quite as often as I can now. I'm one of those dinosaurs who don't access the Internet via my mobile phone. (My cell phone is not "smart".  It only lets me talk and listen on it. I prefer it that way.) So while we're traveling, I'll be without Internet distractions. I hope this means I'll be able to concentrate on developing my story and finishing it before the end of November. 



I have two story ideas actually, but my best bet this NaNoWriMo is the next story in the continuing tale of the young vampire Edwin Carstairs, first introduced in my Celine Chatillon novella, Blood Bond. I had a dream that Edwin survives and thrives as a vampire and 35 years later, at the onset of World War II, he is recruited to find a rogue vampire in league with a Nazi scientist... none other than his former lover, Ophelia Jones. The tentative title is Blood in Berlin.

If that story idea doesn't get the creative juice flowing, then I have a romantic-comedy idea about two lonely people who watch each other from afar and dream what life would be like if they were together. But will they ever get together in reality? That's the rub! 

Hey, why don't I let the readers decide? You tell me which one of these story ideas strike you as one you'd like to read in the comments below. Thanks and Happy NaNoWriMo to us all! :)

 




2 comments:

A J said...

Blood in Berlin gets my vote, but then, I'm a history nut. ;)

Celine Chatillon said...

I know you are, AJ! LOL!! But I was going to focus more on the vampire action than the actual history... Okay, yeah I guess I will have a little history in there! I gotta set the scene, right? ;)